Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Recognized by UGC, University of Mysore. Mysore is the Nodal Agency recognized by the UGC, New Delhi since 2010. The exam is conducted to shortlist aspirants for the post of lectureship/Assistant Professor in Karnataka. The official website of KSET informs: “Candidates who qualify the KSET are governed by the recruitment rules and regulations stipulated for Lecturers/Assistant professors of concerned Universities/Colleges/Institutions of Karnataka State”.
Candidates who qualified in an earlier KSET exam are not allowed to apply again for test in same subject. If any candidate who was eligible in any previous KSET tests plans to reappear in the current KSET then the candidature of such a candidate would be cancelled and the previous eligibility will be eliminated through de-notification.
KSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who scored at least 55% marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for SC, ST, PWD (person with disability), OBCs [Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB] in Master’s Degree OR equivalent from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
Candidates who belong to any reserved categories such as SC/ST/PWD will have to provide all the required documents/certificates that were issued on before July 1 2015, providing form with self-declaration and attested.
Exemptions in KSET Eligibility 2020
- KSET 2020 qualified candidates will be governed by the rules and regulations set by the concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided /Private) of Karnataka State.
- Candidates, who have successfully passed any one of the NET/SET/SLET exams are exempted under UGC governance.
- Candidates who have successfully passed any one of the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examinations on or before 1989 are exempted from KSET 2020 examination.
- Candidates who have successfully passed the State Eligibility Test on or before 01 June 2002 are also exempted from KSET 2020 examination.
- All the exceptions from NET/SET/SLET examination will be governed by the regulations and amendments of UGC.
KSET Age Limit
There is no upper age limit to be eligible for KSET Exam 2020.
Application Process for KSET Exam
Karnataka state eligibility test (KSET), University of Mysore has released the newly updated KSET form for this year 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The University of Mysore conducting the examination prefers only the online mode of application filling.
Another Website – Official Website
Available subjects for qualified candidates for assistant professor/lecturers
The University provides jobs candidates who qualify the examination under 41 subjects given below:
|Kannada||Social work||Earth science|
|Sociology||Folk literature||Women studies|
|Geography||Computer Science & Applications||Linguistics|
|Tourism and management||Physical science||Performing arts|
|Education||Chemical science||Visual arts|
|Library & Information Science||Mathematical science|
|Mass Communication & Journalism||Environmental science|
Examination pattern of KSET
|Session||Paper||Total number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration of the examination|
|Session I||Paper-1||50 questions||100 marks||1 hour (from IST- 9:30 A.M.-10:30 A.M.)|
|Session ll||Paper-2||100 questions||200 marks||2 hours (IST- 11:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.)|
|Total||150 questions||300 marks||3 hours|
KSET Cut-off marks
|Category the candidate belongs to||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|General (no reservation)||A minimum of 40%||A minimum of 40%|
|SC/ST/CAT-I/II-A/II-B/III-A/III-B/PWD (reserved candidates)||A minimum of 35%||A minimum of 35%|
Marks Relaxation for SC/ST
Aspirants who want to appear for KSET will be granted 5% marks relaxation in the minimum marks they need to possess in their qualifying exam to be eligible to appear for SET.
KSET 2020 Key Answer Released
Check the official link of key answers according subject wise.
Important Dates and Announcement of KSET 2020
|1.||Notification date||Sat 01st February 2020|
|2.||Submission of On-line Application commences from||Mon 03rd February 2020|
|3.||Last date for submission of online application||Fri 06th March 2020|
|4.||Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs.250/-||Fri 05th June 2020|
|5.||Date of Examination||Sun 27th September 2020|
|6.||Last date for submission of objections along with prescribed fee||Mon 19th October 2020|
|7.||Result||To be announced|
KSET result 2020
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2020 Exam was held on 27th September 2020. Result of KSET is made or available after calculating marks scored by all the test-takers in the test. Through this exam, only Lectures and Assistant Professors are appointed to colleges of Karnataka.
University of Mysore will announce KSET Result 2020 in October.
In the KSET Exam, the minimum marks are 40% for general students while it is 35% for reserved candidates. The KSET 2020 Results will be out in the month of October 2020
- The candidate should be required to obtain the minimum marks separately in the Paper-1, Paper-2, and Paper-3.
- A merit list of KSET will be prepared it by subject and category wise by using the aggregate marks from all of the three papers obtained amongst the candidates who have been scored the minimum marks prescribed in each paper as written in step one.
- From out of the merit list which is prepared in step-2, top 15% of the candidates (in each of the subject and in each category) and after that, it will be declared as KSET qualified for eligibility for its lectureship.
Selection Method for KSET
Once you have Cleared KSET you will be called for to give Interviews in the universities and your selection will be based on the performance in the interview.
Documents required for KSET certificate
The candidates who cleared the exam as per method of selection specified must submit following documents to the co-ordinator KSET center, university of Mysore, Moulya Bhawan, Manasagangothri, mysuru-570006 on or specified date.
- KSET Result Sheet
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet or Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Correct Postal Address with Pin Number and Mobile Number
After verifying the documents the exam authority shall send KSET qualifying certificate by post. Therefore, candidates are advised to provide exactly the same address while submitting the documents.