Did Jeffrey Dahmer Kill His Grandmother? Did He Kill Any Women?

The movie “The Jeffrey Dahmer Story” tells about the murders that serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer did from 1978 to 1991.

During the time he lived with his grandmother Catherine Jemima Hughes in her house, he killed at least three people. Some of them were lucky enough to get away with their lives. Most serial killers are hooked on killing, so it’s not surprising that people wonder if Jeffrey also killed his grandmother. So, if you want to know what happened to his grandmother and if the serial killer who killed a lot of women also killed women, we have you covered.

Jeffrey Dahmer
Jeffrey Dahmer

Was Jeffrey Dahmer the one who killed his grandma?

Jeffrey Dahmer did not kill his grandmother, that is not true. Catherine Jemima Hughes was the only person he ever felt sorry for. Jeffrey’s father, Lionel, thought that his son’s grandmother might be able to help him change his life when he saw that his son had quit college and been discharged from the army. So, Lionel sent Jeffrey to stay with Catherine in West Allis, Wisconsin, in December 1981. He hoped that Catherine would be a good influence on Jeffrey.

At Catherine’s house, Jeffrey first did what Catherine told him to do and got a job as a phlebotomist at the Milwaukee Blood Plasma Center. But that job only lasted for ten months, and there were rumors that he got in trouble with the law for sex in public during that time. Jeffrey got his second job as a mixer at the Milwaukee Ambrosia Chocolate Factory in 1985, but he couldn’t get rid of his desire to kill. On November 20, 1987, when he was living with his grandmother, he killed his first person.

Steven Tuomi was killed at the Ambassador Hotel, but Jeffrey took his body to Catherine’s house in a suitcase before getting rid of it. Then, on January 16, 1988, he killed James Edward Doxtator by strangling him in his grandmother’s house. On March 24, 1988, he drugged Richard Guerrero and strangled him in the same West Allis house. Also, Anthony Lee Sears was the last person to be killed in Catherine’s house. On March 25, 1989, he was given drugs and strangled.

It’s not clear if Catherine knew about the murders or not, but Jeffrey thought she had a feeling about it. Also, she saw her grandson with one of the planned victims, Ronald Flowers, which made the serial killer decide not to kill Flowers. People say that Catherine would often smell bad things coming from her basement. Jeffrey would give her false explanations, so she didn’t look into it much on her own.

In the end, Jeffrey pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault and trying to get a child to do something immoral in 1989. He was given a one-year prison sentence with work release and five years of probation. After he got out of prison, the serial killer went back to Catherine’s house, but he soon moved out for good and got an apartment in Milwaukee. So, we know for sure that Jeffrey has never hurt his grandmother. Catherine was still alive when he was caught in 1991. She died in 1992 at the age of 88.

Also Read: Angie Asimus(7 news anchor) and her husband Chris Abbott had a child together

Did Jeffrey Dahmer Kill Any Women?

No, Jeffrey Dahmer didn’t kill a single woman. Between 1978 and 1991, he killed about 17 men and boys. Reports said that, since he was gay, he was sexually attracted to most of his victims and killed them because he wanted to fully own them. Even Jeffrey’s lawyer, Gerald Boyle, said he was more interested in body shape than in color. Even though Jeffrey Dahmer’s murders have been talked about a lot from a racist point of view, most historians and experts agree that he never even thought about killing women because he only killed men he found attractive.

Early years

Dahmer was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on May 21, 1960. He was the first of his parents’ two sons. His mother, Joyce Annette (née Flint), was a teletype machine instructor, and his father, Lionel Herbert Dahmer, was a chemistry student at Marquette University and later a research chemist.

Lionel Dahmer’s family was from Germany and Wales, and Joyce Dahmer’s family was from Norway and Ireland.

Some sources say that Dahmer wasn’t cared for when he was a baby. Other sources, though, say that both of Dahmer’s parents spoiled him as a baby and toddler, even though his mother was known to be tense, eager for attention and pity, and argumentative with her husband and the people who lived near them.

As Dahmer started first grade, Lionel spent most of his time at university. When he was home, his hypochondriac and depressed wife constantly asked for his attention and spent more and more time in bed. On at least one occasion, she used Equanil to try to kill herself. So, neither parent spent much time with their son. He later said that from a young age, he felt “unsure of the stability of the family” because he remembered his parents being very angry with each other and fighting a lot when he was young.

Dahmer was a “active and happy child,” but he changed a lot after he had surgery for two hernias just before his fourth birthday. In elementary school, Dahmer was seen as shy and quiet. One of his teachers later said that he showed early signs of abandonment due to his father’s absence and his mother’s illnesses, which got worse when she was expecting their second child. Still, Dahmer did have a few friends when he was in grade school.

The family moved to Doylestown, Ohio, in October 1966. When Joyce had a baby in December, Jeffrey got to pick the name for his new brother. He chose David. Lionel got his degree and began working as an analytical chemist in nearby Akron, Ohio, the same year.

Jeffrey Dahmer
Jeffrey Dahmer

Dahmer was interested in dead animals when he was young. He may have become interested in dead animals when he was four years old and saw his father take animal bones out from under the family home. Lionel said that Dahmer was “oddly thrilled” by the sound the bones made and became obsessed with them. He called them his “fiddlesticks” at first. He sometimes looked under and around the family home for more bones. He also looked inside the bodies of living animals to find out where their bones were.

In 1968, the family moved to Ohio’s Summit County, in the township of Bath. This was their third home in two years, and their sixth home since they got married. The house was on an acre and a half of woods, and Dahmer started collecting big bugs like dragonflies and moths and the bones of small animals like chipmunks and squirrels in a small hut just a short walk from the house. Some of these bones were stored inside the hut in jars of formaldehyde.

Two years later, while having chicken for dinner with Lionel, Dahmer asked him what would happen if he put chicken bones in bleach. Lionel was happy that his son seemed interested in science, so he showed him how to safely bleach and store animal bones. Dahmer used these techniques to preserve the bones he was collecting. He also started collecting dead animals, including roadkill, which he would dissect and bury near the hut. Sometimes, he would put the skulls on top of makeshift crosses. One of Dahmer’s friends said that Dahmer told him he was interested in how animals “fit together.” In 1975, Dahmer cut off the head of a dead dog, nailed its body to a tree, and stuck the dog’s head on a stick in the woods behind his house. Later, he invited a friend to see the display and said he had found the bones by accident as a “prank.”

Lionel taught his son how to preserve animal bones the same year Joyce started taking more Equanil, laxatives, and sleeping pills every day. This made it even harder for her to talk to her husband and kids.

Also Read: Angie Asimus(7 news anchor) and her husband Chris Abbott had a child together

The teen years and high school

From the time he was a freshman at Revere High School, Dahmer was thought of as a weirdo. By the time he was 14, he was drinking beer and hard liquor during the day. He would often hide his alcohol in the jacket he wore to school. He told a classmate who asked why he was drinking Scotch in a morning history class that the alcohol he was drinking was “my medicine.” Staff thought Dahmer was polite, very smart, and had average grades in his freshman year, even though he didn’t talk much. He liked to play tennis and was in the high school band for a short time.

Dahmer found out he was gay when he turned 13, but he didn’t tell his parents. At the start of his teens, he had a short relationship with another teen boy, but they never met. Dahmer later said that he started fantasizing about dominating and controlling a completely submissive male partner when he was in his early to mid-teens. His masturbation fantasies gradually changed so that he focused on the chests and torsos of the men in his fantasies. Over time, these fantasies got mixed up with dissection. When Dahmer was about 16 years old, he had a fantasy that he would knock out a certain male jogger he found attractive and then use his body sexually. Dahmer once hid in bushes with a baseball bat to wait for this man, but he didn’t come by that day. Later, Dahmer said that this was the first time he tried to hurt someone.

Dahmer was kind of a class clown at RHS. He often pulled pranks, which became known as “Doing a Dahmer.” For example, he would bleat and act like he was having an epileptic seizure or had cerebral palsy at school and in stores. Dahmer sometimes did these things to get money so he could buy alcohol.

Reverie, the 1978 Revere High School yearbook, has a picture of Dahmer.

By 1977, Dahmer’s grades were getting worse, so his parents paid for a private tutor, but it didn’t help much. In the same year, his parents tried to save their marriage by going to counseling. They kept fighting all the time. In September 1977, Lionel found out that Joyce had a short affair. He and Joyce decided to get a divorce and told their sons that they wanted to do it in a friendly way. In the beginning of 1978, Lionel moved out of the house and stayed for a while in a motel on North Cleveland Massillon Road.

Dahmer got out of high school in May 1978. A few weeks before he graduated, one of Dahmer’s teachers saw him drinking several cans of beer while sitting near the school parking lot. When the teacher threatened to tell the principal, Dahmer told him he was having “a lot of problems” at home and that the school’s guidance counselor knew about them. In the spring of that year, Joyce and David left the family home and moved to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, to live with relatives. Dahmer had just turned 18 and was still living at home with his family. On July 24, 1978, Dahmer’s parents finally split up. Joyce got to keep her younger son and will get alimony payments.

Read More: Is Colin Cowherd On Vacation and Is That Why He Is Not On TV? Where Is The Fox News Host Today?

Leave a Comment