The state and central governments have launched many schemes for disadvantaged sections of society. One such is the Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme offered by the Department of Women and Child Development, Govt. of NCT Delhi. Widowed Women from the underprivileged or Economically Weaker Sections can apply for this assistance scheme according to government eligibility criteria.
About Delhi Orphan Girl Marriage Assistance Scheme
The Department of Women and Child Development is one of the major authorities in Delhi that launches several assistance schemes for women and children from underprivileged sections of society. Widow daughter marriage scheme is one such initiative of the Delhi government that empowers widows and helpless girls.
According to the recent statistics, the total cases registered under Widow’s Daughter Marriage Scheme 2013-14 were 3024, while the number was restricted to 2452 in 2015.
Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme 2021
If you are also willing to apply for the Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme, you need to be aware of the prerequisites for the application process. This detailed article related to the matter will assist you in applying for the Widow Daughter Assistance scheme and how you can apply through the official gateway.
|Scheme Name||Widow’s Daughter Marriage Assistance|
|Department||Women & Child Development|
|Scheme Amount||Rs 30000/-|
Widow’s Daughter Marriage Delhi Form 2021
For her marriage, the state government offers financial aid to the orphan girl’s guardians, such as Residences or adoptive carers. The benefit amounts to a one-time payment under the plan “Monetary Assistance for Poor Widows for Wedding of their Daughters and Financial Support to Orphaned Girls.
This contributory amount helps poor widows cover the costs of performing their daughters’ marriages to some extent. In this post, you will be provided with the important details related to financial support for your daughters’ wedding.
Eligibility for Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme
Before heading to apply for the assistance scheme, it’s imperative to check whether you are eligible to avail the benefits of this assistance scheme or not. In order to entertain this scheme’s benefits, you must qualify the criteria given below.
- The total revenue of the household should be below Rs. 1,50,000/- (1.5 Lakh) annually, revised from 50,000 annually.
- The beneficiary must have a single account in her name to receive payment.
- The beneficiary must not have applied for other schemes under Central or State government such as MCD, NDMC, and any other agency.
- The daughter of the widow seeking assistance must be at least 18 years or above.
- This financial assistance scheme is applicable only if the applicant has two daughters maximum.
Documents Required for the Delhi Widowed Daughter Marriage Scheme
Kindly go through the list of documents and certificates to use while applying for the assistance scheme. Applicants must keep the following list ready to complete the application process smooth and error-free.
- An original and photocopy of Ration Card, Voter ID card issued by the ECI, or any other proof that demonstrates you are a resident of Delhi for at least five years.
- An original and a photocopy of the daughter’s birth certificate with the place of birth.
- Self-declaration about annual income.
- Death Certificate of husband.
- Duly printed marriage invitation card or marriage certificate.
- A letter issued by the area Parshad to prove the beneficiary is a resident of Delhi ad is known to them.
How to apply for Delhi Orphan Girl Marriage Request Form 2021?
You can also apply for the assistance scheme at your nearest CSC center with your documents. However, if you want to apply on your own, you can do so using the main website, “www.wcddel.in.”
- Visit the official website wcddel.in.
- Select the schemes option on the menu of the homepage.
- Click to register after selecting “Widow’s Daughter marriage scheme” and type your email and phone number to complete the registration.
- Now, using the sign-in form start applying for the Delhi Widow Daughter Marriage Scheme.
- Fill all the details as per the documents and upload the soft copies of the documents if asked.
- Complete the form filling process and verify all the entries.
- Finally, submit all the details and keep the login ID, password, application number, etc. safe for future use.
A financial assistance marriage program was officially announced by the Delhi administration. Through this program, the government aims to provide financial rewards for marriages of underprivileged widow daughters or orphan girls. To benefit from the Delhi for widow daughters marriage scheme, certain activities must be completed. It is without a doubt an excellent initiative on the part of the Delhi government to offer, at least in terms of empowering women and promoting equality and human rights, which will lead to greater development in the region to a significant extent.
Official Address: Deputy Director FAS, Department of Women and Child Development the Government of NCT of Delhi, 01 canning Lane, Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Delhi 110001
Contact number: 011-2338 7715
Official Website: www.wcddel.in