What Was Virginia Patton Moss Net Worth Before Death? Where Is ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ Actress’ Family Today?

Virginia Patton, who played George Bailey’s sister-in-law Ruth Dakin Bailey in the classic holiday movie It’s a Wonderful Life, has died. Jimmy Stewart played George Bailey.

The Mathews Funeral Home said that Patton died suddenly on Thursday at an elderly care facility in Albany, Georgia.

Legacy announced that Moss had died, and Karolyn Grimes, who worked with Moss as a child actor in “It’s a Wonderful Life,” wrote her thoughts on Facebook.

“There are now two angels! Grimes says that Mrs. Virginia Patton Moss was 97 years old. She is now with Cruse, the man she loves very much. She will be missed very much.

Virginia Patton
Virginia Patton

Before she died, Virginia Patton Moss made a lot of money from acting

With her six-year acting career and other work, Virginia may have left a large inheritance for her children and grandchildren.

Even though it’s not clear how much she makes and how much she’s worth, online auctions put her worth between $1 million and $5 million.

“It’s a Wonderful Life” has been shown many times every Christmas for decades, so Patton said, “I’ve probably been in more houses than even Santa Claus.”

After playing the female lead in the Western Black Eagle (1948) and the Ku Klux Klan movie The Burning Cross (1947), Patton quit acting in The Lucky Stiff (1949).

Patton also worked as a docent at the University of Michigan’s Museum of Art. He was president and director of the Patton Corp., which was an investment and real estate holding company.

Cruse W. Moss, and she raised her family in Michigan

The actress married Cruse W. Moss and took his last name in 1949, three years after the movie came out.

Together, they moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan, where Moss started a business, raised a family of three, and worked as a docent at the University of Michigan Museum of Art.

In short, they were married for 69 years, until Cruse died in 2018.

When asked in 2012 why she stopped acting, Moss said, “I couldn’t see myself doing that for the rest of my life.” “I wanted to be just who I am now. A good person in Ann Arbor, Michigan, has a great spouse, great kids, and is a good neighbor. I work hard for the people in the area.

Moss’s husband, Cruse W. Moss, said in 2012 that Virginia was the only girl Frank Capra hired himself.

“Every other actor in that movie was borrowed from another studio. But Frank Capra signed Ginny up for that movie even though she wasn’t there.

The death of the actress from “It’s a Wonderful Life” was linked to her getting older

The 97-year-old actress is thought to have died because she was getting old. Even though the news of her death has been spread, no one knows what really killed her.

Also, after hearing about her death, fans and online users wrote tributes to the loving soul, who was the last adult cast member of “It’s a Wonderful Life” to live.

Mike Spinney, who used to work for the U.S. Navy Intelligence, wrote on Twitter: “#RIP to the last adult cast member of “It’s a Wonderful Life” who is still alive.

“Virginia Patton (Moss), who played Ruth Dakin Bailey in the movie, died last week in Albany, GA. She was 97 years old. It would be a shame if @Variety didn’t pay attention to this.”

Virginia Ann Marie Patton was an American businesswoman and actress. She was from the United States. She was in a lot of movies in the early 1940s before she got the part of Ruth Dakin Bailey in Frank Capra’s It’s a Wonderful Life, which would become her most famous role.

Virginia Patton
Virginia Patton

Patton stopped acting in 1949, and The Lucky Stiff was the last movie she was in

Virginia Patton, who played an adult in “It’s a Wonderful Life,” died when she was 97 years old.

Virginia Patton, who played George Bailey’s sister-in-law in the popular Christmas movie It’s a Wonderful Life, died in an assisted living facility on August 18. 97 years old.

In the 1946 movie, Ruth Dakin Bailey, who was married to the war hero Harry Bailey, was killed by Patton. Her favorite scene was when she saw George and Uncle for the first time on the Bedford Falls train station.

Virginia Ann Patton was born in Cleveland on June 25, 1925. She grew up in Portland, Oregon, and after high school she moved to Los Angeles to try to make a living as an actress.

She signed with Warner Bros. and appeared in the movies Janie (1944), Hollywood Canteen, and Jack Benny’s The Horn Blows at Midnight before making her film debut in the Eddie Cantor musical Thank Your Lucky Stars.

It was a USC play that brought It’s a Wonderful Life director Frank Capra’s attention to Patton, who was the niece of World War II General George Patton. Her contract with Warner Bros. had already ended, so it was a good thing that this happened at that time. Capra hired her after she told him what she knew.

After the 1946 movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” did poorly at the box office but was a cult hit on TV, Patton played the female lead in the Western “Black Eagle” and the Ku Klux Klan movie “The Burning Cross” (1947).

She stopped acting after a small part in The Lucky Stiff (1949).

Virginia Patton Family, age, and early life

Virginia Patton had been alive for 97 years. Marie (who was born Cain) and Donald Patton’s daughter Virginia Ann Marie was born in Cleveland, Ohio, on June 25, 1925.

virginia patton movie

She moved with her family when she was young, and she grew up in Portland, Oregon, which is where her father was born. She is the niece of General George S. Patton.

Virginia Patton Career, What did she do for a living?

An American actress and businesswoman named Virginia Ann Marie Patton was in a lot of movies in the early 1940s before she was chosen for her most famous role as Ruth Dakin Bailey in Frank Capra’s It’s a Wonderful Life (1946).

In 1949, Patton stopped acting, and The Lucky Stiff was her last movie role.

How much money Virginia Patton has, How much money does she make?

Internet auctions say that she is worth between $1 million and $5 million, but her expert earnings and internet worth are not known for sure.

Where did she go to school? What did she need most?

After he finished high school in Portland, Oregon, at Jefferson High School, Patton went to the University of Southern California. She moved to Los Angeles, California, after that (USC).

Husband of Virginia Patton, Was he in a relationship? Any kids?

Cruse W. Moss was married to Patton from 1949 until his death in 2018. In the late 1940s, she stopped performing so that she and her husband could focus on raising a family in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Her reach on social media

We did a quick search for Virginia Patton on social media sites but couldn’t find him on any of them.

Patton got married on December 26, 1932, to Eldridge Roger Boyle, who taught speech and drama at the University of Virginia. They then moved to Charlottesville. After the first of her two sons was born in 1939, she stopped painting to take care of him and focus on the freelance writing she did to help support her family. Boyle was a successful nonfiction writer who put out an article in a popular women’s magazine about once a week, on average. Even though there was a long line of Episcopal clergymen in her family, as a young adult she rebelled against Christianity and tried out different kinds of religion. As her marriage got worse at the end of the 1940s, Boyle turned back to Christianity and became an Episcopalian, a faith she kept for the rest of her life.

This return to faith in the 1940s was a precursor to Boyle’s spiritual awakening in the summer of 1950, when she heard that the University of Virginia’s law school would admit its first black student. She realized for the first time that segregation was a “enormous injustice,” but the student, Gregory H. Swanson, was offended by her draft article welcoming him to the university. Boyle sent the draft to Thomas Jerome Sellers, the associate editor in charge of the Charlottesville branch office of the Tribune, a weekly African American newspaper based in Roanoke. She wanted to know why she had upset people. He was honest and helpful in his criticism of her article. He showed Boyle that her condescending tone and support of a gradual end to segregation gave the impression that the law student might be welcome at the university, but other black people were not. Even though Sellers didn’t know Boyle very well, they started talking, which made her change her mind about a lot of things. In the early 1950s, she started writing and speaking in favor of immediate integration. From the beginning of 1952 until January 31, 1953, Boyle wrote a weekly feature column for the Charlottesville and Roanoke editions of the Tribune under the name “A White Southerner.” In it, she tried to show that, despite some bad attitudes, most white southerners weren’t racist or mean to black people and would end segregation if the system’s flaws were made clear. She also took part in the civil rights movement by becoming president of the Council for Social Action in 1954. This was a new organization in Charlottesville that worked to make sure that all of the city’s residents had good housing, education, and jobs. Boyle’s first job was to lead a campaign to get people to vote for a fair housing referendum.

Boyle’s ideas didn’t get much attention in Charlottesville until late 1954, when she was one of the few white witnesses who spoke out against efforts to stop the desegregation of the state’s public schools. She wrote an article for the Saturday Evening Post called “We Are Ready Than We Think.” She wanted to show other white southerners that segregation could end without violence. In February 1955, the magazine put it out with the title “Southerners Will Like Integration.” This was a very controversial change, and Boyle got a lot of criticism for it. Local segregationists burned a cross in her yard, and not many white liberals agreed with her public stand against racism. She was a very idealistic person, so neither the attacks from her critics nor the lack of support from her friends surprised her. She became so sad that she thought about killing herself.

Boyle kept working hard for civil rights even though she was depressed. In 1955, she joined the multiracial Virginia Council on Human Relations. As the organization’s only field worker, she traveled all over the state for three years to encourage people of different races to talk to each other, set up local discussion groups, and figure out what the community needed. In July 1956, Boyle set up a local Council on Human Relations in Charlottesville. By 1960, he had stopped being an active member of the state council because he thought it was a safe place for moderates. She liked working with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!