Albert Woodfox’s Cause of Death Cause of Death: Inmate Who Spent Decades Alone

Albert Woodfox, a prison activist and one of the Angola 3, passed away at Ochsner Baptist Hospital on August 4, 2022. At the time of his death, he was 75 years old. The news of Albert’s passing was confirmed by his brother, and ever since then, well-wishers have stepped forward to pay him sincere tributes. The National Book Award and the Pulitzer Prize both had Albert on their finalist lists. Along with expressing their sorrow over his passing, netizens also appear to be looking for the cause of his demise. Let us give you additional details about him in this article.

The Louisiana State Penitentiary in Angola is where Woodfox reportedly spent more than 44 years in solitary confinement, the most of which was based on a dubious conviction in the death of a prison guard. His discharge took place six years ago. Legend has it that Woodfox lived alone for the longest time possible. Even though he was imprisoned in a 6-by-9-foot cell that was on lockdown for 23 hours every day, Woodfox has been working for years to stop others from suffering the same fate.

According to Wilbert Rideau, Woodfox rose to prominence as the symbol of seclusion. According to some, he was sentenced to 50 years in prison while standing in Orleans Parish Criminal Court holding a concealed Luger pistol that a companion had hidden in a nearby restroom. He was found guilty of robbing Tony’s Green Room in 1969. Following his sentencing, he used the weapon to force his way out of custody, pulling off a daring escape that captured media attention and dominated newscasts.

A friend drove him to Mississippi. He then got on a bus and rode through Atlanta to New York City, where he first encountered Black Panther Party members. He wrote in his piece, “I had never previously seen Black people so proud and unafraid. He was extradited from New York City and brought back to OPP with a police escort in 1971, 20 months after his escape.

Before being transported to Angola, Woodfox took an oath promising to become a genuine member of the Black Panther Party. In the state penitentiary, where staff members were wary of both, the Black Panthers and Muslims were both seen as “militant groups.” Later, Woodfox entered a negotiated plea together with a settlement of a solitary-confinement lawsuit, and he pled no contest to manslaughter and aggravated burglary. For more information and the most recent and popular news, continue to visit our website.

Leave a Comment