Ollie Dempsey, who spent the majority of his adolescent years playing basketball, has lately started playing football again so that he can compete with his friends.
The match between Geelong and North Melbourne will take place on Sunday at Blundstone Arena in Hobart. The 19-year-old will fight for Geelong.
The Quick Facts According to Ollie Dempsey
|Age||19 years old|
|Height||6 Feet and 1 inch|
|Team||AFL – Geelong Cats|
He has the position of point guard for the basketball squad. Ollie was recruited by the Cats with the fifteenth overall pick in the 2021 NAB AFL Rookie Draft. The Cats discovered Ollie while he was participating in school football competitions with Carey Grammar in Melbourne.
Despite having a weight of only 70 kilogrammes, Dempsey has been selected to play on the half-forward line for the Geelong squad. This is because Patrick Dangerfield and Jack Henry, two of the team’s premier midfielders, have been sidelined with injuries.
|TOTAL GAMES||TOTAL GOALS||DOB||DEBUT||DRAFT||RECRUITED FROM|
|2||1||07 January 2003||2022||#15,2021 RookieElevation||Boroondara (Vic)/Carey Grammar (Vic)/Old Carey (Vic)|
Also read: Joel Selwood: Who Is He? The Footballer and His Partner Are Having Baby
Who Is Ollie Dempsey, the Forward for the Geelong Cats?
Ollie Dempsey, a rookie for the Geelong Cats, has continued his journey from a football player in high school to making his debut in the Australian Football League (AFL) with the selection of the first-year Cats to play the Kangaroos.
Due to Carey Grammar’s productive years with the year 12 and under-19 teams, the Cats chose Dempsey from the depths of obscurity in the Rookie Draft in 2021. The nimble forward has turned in an outstanding performance at the VFL level, hitting four goals in his first exhibition game and three and four majors by Round 4.
Nigel Lappin, who serves as an assistant coach with the Cats, had high comments for Dempsey in the podcast episode that was released this week. Dempsey was a basketball player in the past, but he made the transition to football in 2021 so that he could play with his friends at school.
Because Henry had an injury to the same foot against Hawthorn that necessitated surgery during the preseason, Geelong is taking extra precautions with him this year.
There are five things about Ollie Dempsey that you absolutely must be aware
1. Ollie Dempsey, a young player for Geelong, made his debut for Australia against the Kangaroos in Tasmania. The blonde forward found out about the news this afternoon, and then he called his parents to break the news to them in a phone call that was recorded and tweeted about by the Cats’ team account.
2. Ollie Dempsey, a rookie who is 19 years old, was selected by the Cats with the fifteenth overall pick in the 2021 AFL Rookie Draft. Ollie Dempsey played football with Carey Grammar and Old Carey but avoided the traditional TAC Cup route by concentrating on basketball in his early to mid-teens. He was selected by the Cats after playing football with Carey Grammar and Old Carey and after avoiding the traditional TAC Cup route.
3. He stands at an impressive height of 185 centimetres. In addition to joining a club that is without Patrick Dangerfield, Jack Henry, and Luke Dahlhaus, Dempsey comes into the season having previously scored multiple goals for the Cats’ reserve team.
4. When Dempsey was a teenager, he initially focused his attention on the sport of basketball before switching back to football. When he was in high school, he played football for Carey Grammar, and it’s likely that he’ll play a running forward position now.
5. As a result of his outstanding performance in the VFL, Ollie Dempsey will become the 1100th player in VFL and AFL history to wear the Hoops. When Dempsey was selected by Geelong with the 15th overall pick in the Rookie Draft the year before, he became the final player to be added to the Geelong list.
Also read: Kavosiey Smoke: Here Are Top 10 Facts About The Footballer