What happened to the victim after Steven Fike was detained in Boston for the murder and assault of Wendy Dansereau?

A guy already serving a life sentence for the death of a woman in Alabama is now being suspected, according to Massachusetts police, of sexually abusing and killing a woman in a hotel room in Boston more than 40 years ago. Bloomberg reports.

According to a prepared statement from Suffolk District Attorney Rachael Rollins, Steven Fike was charged with first-degree murder and assault in relation to Wendy Dansereau’s passing in March 1980.

Rollins claimed that Ms. Dansereau’s family had to wait over 40 years to find out what had happened to her after she was slain when she was 19 years old.

According to the authorities, Dansereau’s daughter was four months old at the time of her mother’s death.

Steven Fike was detained for the murder and assault of Wendy Dansereau.

Wendy Dansereau, then 19 years old, was physically abused by the murderer Steven Fike before she was strangled.

According to the prosecution, Fike was proven to be Wendy’s murderer thanks to a DNA sample collected in the early stages of the investigation, entered into an FBI database, and matched to his genetic profile.

The 62-year-old criminal is already serving a life sentence with the chance of parole for the murder of Patricia Ann Culp and another act of bodily abuse.

His chances of getting a pardon after the new case emerged are little to none. Instead, there is a deluge of tweets and messages on social media seeking justice for the unfortunate adolescent mother.

How did Wendy Dansereau fare?

Wendy Dansereau’s body was discovered in Boston’s South End by a Hotel Diplomat employee. She had allegedly been sexually assaulted and strangled to death, according to the authorities.

A DNA sample collected during the first stages of the investigation was recently entered into an FBI database and matched to Fike’s genetic profile, according to the district attorney’s office.

Fike was in New England the day before Dansereau’s body was found, according to police sources.

The hundreds of victims whose deaths are still unexplained, as well as the families who are still hoping and praying for answers and accountability, have not been forgotten, said Rollins.

No matter how much time has passed, “my team and I will never forget your loved one or how essential they were,” he said.

For her family and daughter, the 40-year search for justice appears to have come to an end.

What’s become of Steven Fike? Arrest And Charges

In Alabama, the murderer is currently serving a life sentence for the killing of Patricia Ann Culp, according to court records. On February 2, 1982, the body was found in a culvert in Tuscaloosa County that was partially submerged in water.

She died as a result of a serious head injury that cracked her skull, according to a decision by the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals.

Fike met the woman there, where she was employed as a dancer in a strip club in Birmingham, and the two engaged in sexual activity there. He was detained in Atlanta a few days after the murder, and he was tried in 1982. Steven had told about the murder, according to a cousin who testified.

He was charged with another felony while he was completing his sentence in this instance, according to NBC Boston.

Fike is presently incarcerated in the Elmore Correctional Facility in Alabama for a sexual assault and murder that took place in 1982. The Suffolk County District Attorney’s office reports that he was given a life sentence with the possibility of parole.

Leave a Comment