After the F-22 Raptor shoots down a Chinese “spy” balloon, “Top Gun 3” is trending on the internet. At least we have a plot
“At least we have a plot,”: trends after F-22 in “Top Gun 3.” The Chinese’spy’ balloon was destroyed by the Raptor.
Fans who were unable to move on from “Top Gun: Maverick” and have begun speculating about “Top Gun 3” after the United States shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon (Paramount).
‘Top Gun: Maverick,’ which was filmed in Los Angeles, California, was one of the most successful movies of 2022. Fans could not stop gushing about the film starring Tom Cruise, but many have begun to speculate about the likelihood of a third installment of the Top Gun franchise.
After the event that involved a “balloon,” however, it appears that enthusiastic fans have already brought about in real life a situation that is reminiscent of “Top Gun.”
Tom Cruise stars in the film as Pete Maverick, a navy aviator who, after 30 years of service, returns to help prepare a group of elite graduates for a high-profile mission while also battling his personal demons.
The movie was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, and Tom Cruise plays the role in the film. The original “Top Gun” was successful at the box office, but the sequel, “Top Gun: Maverick,” shattered box office records and became one of the most financially successful movies of the year.
Also Read: Juan Diego Botto: Wife Olga Rodriguez, Bio, Wiki, Age, Career, Married Life, New Series, Career, Net Worth (2023) and More
Top Gun 3: Spy Balloon
Not long after that, someone wrote, “This is what jolted me awake this morning!! Another user commented, “At least we have a plot for Top Gun 3,” while a third said, “World War 3 or Top Gun 3 making going on.. I don’t know… #fighterjet.””
A fan wanted to know when the story would be turned into a movie. Another participant remarked, “Wait a minute.
This whole ordeal with the balloons was simply for the third installment of the TOPGUN series, right?” Another user joined the conversation, “The story in #Topgun3 is going to be CRAZY! The air is filled with smoke. Don’t think about it; just say “POP” and count to one, Mav.”
Top Gun: Global Conflict
The film “Top Gun: Maverick” was a success, but it came dangerously close to starting a global conflict. Screenrant claims that during the filming of the opening sequence of Darkstar, satellites from other nations focused on the China Lake Naval Air Station and took photographs of the hypersonic scramjet used in the movie.
Not only that, but the first trailer for the film, which was released in 2019, included a character who was wearing a Taiwanese flag on their signature bomber jacket.
During the sneak peek, the patches on Cruise’s jacket, which had previously displayed flags of Taiwan and Japan, looked to have been removed and replaced with two cryptic symbols in the same colour scheme. The patches had previously displayed flags of Taiwan and Japan.
Despite Top Gun: Maverick becoming the most financially successful film of 2022, Paramount has not yet announced that Top Gun 3 will be made.
Miles Teller did acknowledge in July 2022 that he has been talking to Tom Cruise about the possibility of making a third film in the series.
On the other hand, in December of 2022, the producer Jerry Bruckheimer expressed concern that Cruise may be too busy for a third installment at the moment.
“His attention is currently focused on the production of Mission: Impossible 8, which is already underway. After he is finished, we are able to go on a conversation. But then [for an untitled project from Universal] he travels to outer space, and then he does something different, “he stated in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
In the same way that it did with the sequel, it will probably depend on whether or not they can devise a plot that is interesting enough to warrant a return.
However, director Joseph Kosinski stated in an interview with Deadline in December 2022 that the potential exists for another installment. “
At the conclusion of this movie, I get the impression that Maverick still has some steam left in the tank. He is not content to settle down, “He joked around.
Here is everything you need to know about Top Gun 3 while we wait for the confirmation that it will be made (hopefully sooner rather than later).
Also Read: Gabriel Levinson (Aparna Nancherla’s Boyfriend): Series Of Funny Tweets, Bio, Wiki, Career, Net Worth (2023), Family
Top Gun 3: Release Date
As was just indicated, the production of Top Gun 3 has not been officially sanctioned, which means that we do not yet have a specific release date.
We can only hope that another 36 years won’t pass before this happens, and not just because Tom Cruise will be 89 years old by then (probably still doing stunts though).
However, Bruckheimer has indicated that it is possible that he does not have time to direct another Top Gun film at this moment.
Even if it were to be confirmed in the near future, it’s unlikely that we’d see the sequel in 2023 because it took around a year to film.
Even taking into account the summer of 2024 as the earliest possible release date for the trilogy’s third installment, it’s possible that even this prediction is too optimistic.
Maverick is now available to watch on Paramount+.
Keep an eye on this space, as we will make updates once we obtain fresh information.
Top Gun 3: Cast
Tom Cruise will, of course, be returning as Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell; but, it is possible that he will play a supporting part in the sequel, with Miles Teller’s character Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw taking on a more prominent position.
Because Val Kilmer’s Iceman character was eliminated in a storyline twist that did not include a fiery aeroplane crash, the actor will not be returning to the part.
Despite this, there is still a possibility that Val Kilmer, or any other member of the original Top Gun cast, will make a cameo appearance in the Top Gun: Maverick prequel in the form of a flashback. This is because the prequel made only limited (and, dare we say, tasteful) use of footage from the original film.
Now that Maverick and Penny have reignited their romance, there is nothing preventing Jennifer Connelly from returning to the role of Penny (especially if a third film centres on Maverick’s adjustment to civilian life and step-fatherhood).
Outside of them, we could also anticipate seeing more from the group of Top Gun elites that will be included in the sequel. These characters include Lewis Pullman as Robert “Bob” Floyd, Monica Barbaro as Natasha “Phoenix” Trace, and Glen Powell as Jake “Hangman” Seresin.
Top Gun 3: Plot
- Top Gun: Maverick, much like its predecessor, does not expressly set up any additional movie ambitions; yet, this does not mean that there is no drama to be mined in the film.
- In a nutshell, Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell made his way back to Top Gun in order to assist at the preparation of a group of pilots for an exceptionally challenging mission, which involved blowing up a uranium plant in a location that was practically impossible to access.
- Naturally, after much back and forth, it is decided that Maverick is going to command the pilots, and his team includes none other than Rooster Bradshaw, the son of his dearly departed closest buddy Goose.
- This decision was made after a great deal of back and forth. The strained connection between Rooster and Maverick is the primary source of conflict throughout the movie; nevertheless, there is no need to be concerned because everything works out in the end!
- Not only are the Top Gun pilots able to complete the mission without any mishaps, but nobody loses their life in the process. On top of that, the love interest of Pete’s character, Penny (played by Jennifer Connelly), comes back into his life, and the two of them ride out into the sunset together.
- As a result of all of this, there is no definitive response to the question of how a third film could bring us back with Pete to Top Gun. It is extremely improbable that the plot of Top Gun 2 will be repeated (where he will have to instruct a new group of pilots and recruits).
- It wasn’t made clear whether or not the mission in Top Gun: Maverick would actually be Pete’s last, but that was the general vibe – after all, he was grounded once by his superior ‘Cyclone’ (Jon Hamm), before pulling a stunt that saw him back in the cockpit again (oh, Mav!).
- In Top Gun: Maverick, it wasn’t confirmed whether or not the mission would actually be Pete’s last, but that was the general vibe.
- On the other hand, a third film may investigate what retirement might entail for Maverick and how he might do in civilian life if he were to leave the military (before inevitably being brought back on board OF COURSE).
Top Gun 3: Trailer
Unfortunately, Top Gun 3 has not even been announced, let alone started filming, so there is currently no footage available from the threequel.
Simply keep watching Top Gun: Maverick over and over again on Paramount+ until the production of the third film gets near.
Also Read: The Last of Us Episode 4: About The Game Series, Plot, Review, Cast and More