Tamara Runia, Her Life With The Church
New Young Women General Presidency
The newly appointed Young Women General Presidency is led by President Emily Belle Freeman, a distinguished Latter-day Saint author known for her inspirational books that testify of Jesus Christ and God in her everyday life.
President Freeman is not only an accomplished author but also a renowned speaker, widely recognized for her podcast centered around the church’s “Come, Follow Me” study guide.
Sister Tamara Wood Runia
Alongside her, Sister Tamara Wood Runia and Sister Andrea Muñoz Spannaus serve as the first and second counselors, respectively.
- President Emily Belle Freeman: A Utah native, President Freeman’s devotion to her faith is reflected in her literary works and podcasts.
- With her husband, she raises five children, embodying the values of family and spirituality.
- Sister Tamara Wood Runia: Hailing from California, Sister Runia is deeply engaged in community service.
- Her extensive experience, including roles as a stake Young Women president and a scripture class instructor, showcases her commitment to nurturing the faith of young Latter-day Saints. She shares this journey with her husband and seven children
Embracing Humility And Trust in God
General authority Seventy Joni L. Koch stressed the significance of humility, defining it as a willingness to submit to the Lord’s will and being teachable.
Sister Tamara W. Runia Giving Speech In A Conference
“With an eye of faith on Jesus Christ, may we see that everything will be all right in the end and feel that it will be all right now.” — Sister Tamara W. Runia #GeneralConference pic.twitter.com/1VXiXAELdJ
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) October 1, 2023
He urged followers to put trust in the doctrine of Christ, abandon prejudice, and become peacemakers. Koch emphasized that being humble and obedient leads to divine guidance and answered prayers
Embracing Unity And Abandoning Prejudice
Apostle Ulisses Soares delivered a powerful message, echoing President Nelson’s call to abandon prejudicial attitudes and actions, promoting respect for all of God’s children.
Soares emphasized the importance of viewing humanity as a united spiritual brotherhood, advocating for empathy, understanding, and respect across differences
Gaining Perspective: Seeing as God Sees
Tamara W. Runia, first counselor in the global Young Women presidency, inspired attendees with the concept of the “Overview Effect,” urging them to adopt God’s grand perspective. She emphasized the beauty in imperfection, reminding believers that there are numerous ways to be good in their roles as spouses, parents, and friends
Tamara Runia: Her Professional Life
Early Life And Family Ties
Sister Tamara W. Runia was born on March 2, 1961, in the vibrant city of Concord, California. From a young age, she exhibited a deep sense of faith and compassion, traits that would shape her future within the LDS Church.
On May 23, 1981, she embarked on a lifelong journey of love and commitment when she married R. Scott Runia.
Together, they nurtured a loving family of seven children, instilling in them the values of faith, love, and family unity.
A Pillar Of The Young Women Organization
- Sister Tamara Runia’s significant role within the LDS Church revolves around her service to the Young Women organization.
- Over the years, she has taken on various important callings, including stake scripture class instructor, stake Relief Society presidency counselor, and leadership positions in the Australia Sydney Mission.
- Notably, she has been appointed as the first Young Women general presidency counselor, showcasing her dedication to empowering young women and strengthening their faith in God.
Career Achievements And Impact
Sister Tamara Runia’s career within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is marked by her unwavering commitment to serving the Church’s young women.
Her achievements are not mere titles; they are the lives she has touched and the faith she has bolstered through her service.
Her influence reaches far beyond digital encyclopedias, touching the hearts and souls of the young women she has mentored and guided throughout her service.
Legacy Of Love And Dedication
In every aspect of her life, Sister Tamara W. Runia embodies love and dedication.
Her service to her faith community has left an indelible mark, inspiring those around her to emulate her Christlike behavior and commitment to service.
Her impact and influence continue to resonate, uplifting all who are fortunate enough to know her.
A Testament To Faith
Sister Tamara W. Runia’s life is a testament to faith, service, and leadership.
Her age reflects the wealth of experience and wisdom she brings to her role, and her unwavering commitment continues to inspire and uplift all who know her.
Her Remarkable Career
Her remarkable career achievements are a testament to her dedication to serving her faith and community.
Sister Tamara W. Runia stands as a shining example of the positive impact one person can make, reminding us all of the power of faith, love, and unwavering dedication.
A Glimpse Into The Heart Of President
President Freeman, a prominent author, speaker, podcaster, and teacher, embarks on this journey with a profound love for Jesus Christ.
In her own words, she emphasizes the significance of nurturing a personal relationship with Him.
Her heartfelt desire is to impart this understanding to the youth of the Church, guiding them towards a deeper spiritual connection.
Sister Tamera W. Runia: A Lifelong Dedication To Youth
Sister Tamera W. Runia, the first counselor, has dedicated a significant portion of her life to the young women of the Church.
With a rich history of service, including roles as a stake scripture class instructor and a stake Relief Society presidency counselor, Sister Runia brings a wealth of experience and compassion.
Her mission is clear: she wants every young woman to comprehend the boundless love their Heavenly Father has for them.
A Journey From Argentina To Global Service
- Sister Andrea Muñoz Spannaus, the second counselor, traces her spiritual journey from the shores of Argentina to the worldwide stage of service.
- Raised in a family introduced to the restored gospel at a young age, Sister Spannaus has devoted her life to God’s work.
- Reflecting on her new calling in the Young Women general presidency, she expresses profound gratitude, stating, “I am grateful for the opportunity to serve and please God in this calling.
- That has been my greatest desire since I was a little girl in a Catholic school.”
Unveiling The Young Women Worldwide Social Media Hub
In an era dominated by digital connections, the Young Women General Presidency has embraced the power of social media to foster a sense of community among young women globally.
New social media page and account have been established, creating a virtual space for these young souls to congregate. The platform promises an engaging schedule:
- Monday: Teaching tips for the upcoming week’s lesson.
- Tuesday: Personal messages from the presidency, imparting wisdom and encouragement.
- Wednesday: A tapestry of narratives and stories shared by young women worldwide, uniting their diverse experiences under a common thread of faith.
Navigating Life’s Storms
The Runias’ faith was further tested during their mission in Australia. Amidst unforeseen tragedies, including the loss of a missionary and personal health struggles, Sister Runia found herself leaning on her unshakeable faith.
The love she felt for her missionaries mirrored the divine love she believed God had for every soul.
It was in these moments of despair that Sister Runia learned the true essence of empathy and compassion.
Tamara Runia: Personal Life And Husband
A Journey Of Love And Loss
Sister Runia’s life was not without challenges. In 2013, she and her husband, Brother Scott Runia, faced the devastating loss of their oldest son, Ryan.
His passing, though heartbreaking, became a testament to the resilience of faith.
Through grief and pain, Sister Runia found solace in the gospel, discovering that it wasn’t a shield from suffering but a source of strength amidst it.
Serving With Love: Ministering To The Lost
General authority Seventy Alan T. Phillips shared a heartfelt story, illustrating God’s unconditional love and the importance of finding those who are lost or struggling.
He emphasized that treating one another with kindness and understanding is integral to religious practice, underlining that “how we treat one another truly matters” in the eyes of God.
Faith: The Anchor In Life’s Storms
General authority Seventy Joaquin E. Costa shared stories of adversity and resilience, emphasizing the transformative power of faith in Jesus Christ.
He encouraged believers to exercise faith through simple acts like prayer, scripture study, and partaking of the sacrament, underscoring that faith provides the energy to endure life’s challenges
Braiding The Strands Of Faith, Hope, and Joy
For Sister Runia, life is a tapestry of experiences, where faith, hope, and joy intertwine.
Like braided strands, these virtues provide the foundation for enduring trials and finding happiness amid sorrow.
Through her teachings, Sister Runia emphasizes the importance of connecting with the Savior, underscoring that in moments of vulnerability, it’s the tether of faith that keeps us grounded.