Pete Crow-Armstrong, The Baseball Player
A Meteoric Rise To The Majors
Pete Crow-Armstrong received his call-up to the Chicago Cubs on a fateful Monday, and it didn’t take long for him to make an impact.
In Tuesday night’s game against the Colorado Rockies, he’s set to bat eighth and take his position in center field.
This is a defining moment for the North Siders as they witness the ascent of a future star.
A Memorable Debut
Crow-Armstrong made his Major League Baseball (MLB) debut in a pinch-running role on Monday night.
Although he was thrown out attempting to steal third base, he quickly rebounded by executing a successful sacrifice bunt during a ninth-inning rally, showcasing his versatility and determination.
Rising Through The Ranks
- The Cubs have a gem in Crow-Armstrong, who ranks as the top prospect in their system.
- Furthermore, he holds the impressive position of being the 12th-best prospect across all of baseball, according to MLB Pipeline.
- His arrival in the big leagues has been highly anticipated, and his stats in the minor leagues this season only bolster the excitement.
- In 107 minor league games this season, Crow-Armstrong has belted an impressive 20 home runs, driven in 82 runs (RBIs), and swiped 37 bases.
- These statistics underscore his exceptional talent and the promise he brings to the Cubs’ outfield.
Peter Crow-Armstrong Playing Baseball On The Field
🗣️ PETE CROW-ARMSTRONG! pic.twitter.com/3TjhcmBa7E
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) September 13, 2023
The Path Forward
- As Crow-Armstrong takes his place in the outfield, questions arise about his playing time.
- Jeimer Candelario’s placement on the injured list on Tuesday creates opportunities, with Cody Bellinger likely to assume a larger role at first base.
- Crow-Armstrong is poised to share center field duties with Mike Tauchman, but recent plate struggles for Tauchman may open doors for the young sensation.
- Cubs’ fans and baseball enthusiasts alike will be closely watching how often Crow-Armstrong graces the field and the impact he makes with each appearance.
Lifeblood Of The Sport
In the world of baseball, prospects like Pete Crow-Armstrong are the lifeblood of the sport. His journey from the minors to the big leagues is a testament to his talent, dedication, and the Cubs’ commitment to nurturing young stars.
As he embarks on this exciting chapter of his career, fans can expect thrilling moments, remarkable plays, and the potential for Crow-Armstrong to become a household name in the world of baseball.
Keep your eyes on the Chicago Cubs’ rising star – he’s ready to shine.
Pete Crow-Armstrong, His Personal And Professional Journey
A Glimpse into Matt Armstrong’s Early Aspirations
Back in 2012, Matt Armstrong shared his dreams and passions in an interview with Daily Herald TV and film columnist Dann Gire.
While the focus of the interview was his role on “American Horror Story,” it contained a subtle reference to the remarkable journey that awaited him.
Armstrong stated in 2012, “I have a 10-year-old son, and he takes up a lot of my time. I coach his Little League Baseball team. I spend all my free time at the ballpark. I love it.
Pete Crow-Armstrong’s Father
I conduct baseball camps for 6- and 7-year-olds. If I could make a living just doing that, I would make it my full-time job.”
That 10-year-old son, as fate would have it, is Pete Crow-Armstrong, who recently made his debut with the Chicago Cubs.
Matt Armstrong couldn’t be prouder of his son’s achievements, and he was in attendance at Coors Field for Pete’s first major-league start.
The Football Days At Naperville Central
- Before Matt Armstrong was a baseball dad, he was renowned for his athletic prowess, but not in baseball.
- Instead, he was a star linebacker at Naperville Central High School, making a name for himself on the football field.
- His playing style was often described as bone-rattling, and his reputation as an All-DuPage Valley linebacker spoke volumes about his toughness.
- John Urban, a former Redhawks assistant coach, reminisced about Matt’s playing days, saying, “He’s one of the toughest kids that’s ever played at Naperville Central, or anywhere else, as a linebacker.
- He was kind of short, but I’ll tell you, he was on fire. He was not afraid of anybody; he hit anybody.”
Who Are the Parents of Pete Crow Armstrong?
The proud parents of Pete Crow Armstrong are Matthew John Armstrong and Ashley Crow.
Born on March 25, 2002, this young baseball sensation’s path to success has undeniably been influenced by the unwavering support and guidance of his parents.
Matthew John Armstrong
- Matthew John Armstrong, the father of Pete Crow Armstrong, boasts an illustrious career in the entertainment industry.
- As a talented actor, he has graced both the silver screen and television with his presence.
- Matthew, born in Chicago, Illinois on October 28, 1973, discovered his passion for acting at an early age.
- Known for his versatility, he has left an indelible mark on audiences through his portrayal of a wide array of characters.
- Undoubtedly, Matthew’s own successful career serves as a wellspring of inspiration for his son, Pete.
Ashley Crow: The Influential Mother
Pete’s mother, Ashley Crow, also wields a significant influence in his life. An accomplished actress hailing from Birmingham, Alabama, Ashley was born on August 25, 1960, and has made a lasting impact on the entertainment industry.
Her career spans decades, marked by outstanding performances in television series and films. Ashley’s unwavering support and encouragement as Pete’s mother have played a pivotal role in propelling him towards a career as a professional baseball player.
The Family Assistance Program
Behind nearly every exceptional athlete stands a sturdy support system. In the case of Pete Crow-Armstrong, his parents, Matthew John Armstrong and Ashley Crow, have provided this invaluable support.
They have played a crucial role in nurturing his talent, offering guidance, and instilling the values that have paved the way for his remarkable journey as an athlete,
Pete Crow Armstrong’s Journey to Fame
Despite the undeniable influence of his parents’ careers, Pete Crow Armstrong’s meteoric rise to baseball stardom is a testament to his own innate talent and unwavering dedication.
His journey through youth baseball divisions saw him emerge as a highly sought-after prospect, thanks to his exceptional skills on the field.
In 2020, the New York Mets selected him in the first round of the MLB Draft, marking a significant turning point in his burgeoning career.
Pete Crow-Armstrong’s Remarkable Ascent
Pete Crow-Armstrong’s remarkable ascent in the world of professional baseball is not only attributed to his exceptional aptitude but also to the unwavering support and guidance of his parents.
Their influence has been instrumental in shaping the promising career of this young baseball sensation
Pete Crow-Armstrong: Parents And Net Worth
In the world of sports and entertainment, stories of extraordinary journeys often captivate our hearts.
One such remarkable tale is that of Naperville native Matt Armstrong, a man who seamlessly transitioned from being a star linebacker at Naperville Central High School to pursuing a career in theater and eventually becoming a celebrated baseball dad.
This is a story of passion, dedication, and an unwavering commitment to following one’s dreams.
A Football Star At Naperville Central
- Matt Armstrong’s journey began on the fields of Naperville Central High School, where he made a name for himself as a star athlete.
- Although his fame came not in baseball but on the football field, there was no shortage of bone-rattling descriptions of his performance.
- As an All-DuPage Valley linebacker, Armstrong was renowned for his toughness and fearlessness, qualities that made him stand out among his peers.
- According to former Redhawks assistant coach John Urban, “He was not afraid of anybody; he hit anybody.”
A Surprising Transition To Theater
While Armstrong’s success on the football field was undeniable, his next career move was quite unexpected.
Instead of pursuing a career in sports, he ventured into the world of theater.
His journey to the stage began when he earned a Belushi scholarship at the College of DuPage, an award established by Wheaton native Jim Belushi to honor his late brother John.
Pete Crow-Armstrong’s journey in professional baseball began with a dream and unwavering dedication.
From a young age, he displayed exceptional talent and a passion for the game, setting the stage for his remarkable career.
Pete Crow-Armstrong’s annual salary for the year 2023 is a subject of curiosity among fans. According to reliable sources, Pete is set to earn a substantial income this year.
In a surprising turn of events, Pete Crow-Armstrong’s contract for 2023 does not include a signing bonus.
This departure from the norm raises questions about the negotiations and terms of his current contract.
Pete Crow-Armstrong’s net worth is a testament to his achievements and success in professional baseball.
As of 2023, his net worth stands at an impressive $3,359,000. This figure encompasses various income streams, including his salary, endorsements, and investments.