Joon-kyung drops a massive bombshell at the beginning of Payback episode 5, deciding to reveal that she is a co-conspirator and calling out her companion in crime, Gi-seok
This sets the stage for the rest of the episode. Gi-seok is aware that she was not solely responsible for this stunt, and she is curious as to whether or not Eun-yong is currently wreaking havoc.
Tae-chun appears at In-residence ju’s and makes the decision to place him under arrest for misuse of funds and misconduct. Gi-seok, however, is just so happens to be on the phone at this very moment hearing all that is taking place given that he just called seeking for assistance.
Regarding Eun-yong, Chairman Oh has another conversation with him in which he presses the subject of assisting Eun-yong in his bid to get elected to the House of Representatives.
Eun-yong puts pressure on Oh to join forces and turn against his cronies in light of the fact that Baek has little possibility of becoming the next Congressman and that this house of cards is starting to fall apart. It appears to work as well, as he now hands Eun-yong a Press Pass.
Also Read: Cast, Air Date and Other Information For The PBS Drama The Magpie Murders
Payback K-Drama: Review
As Tae-chun walks past Gi-seok in the corridor, he gives him some words of encouragement, telling him to go and talk to his father-in-law.
After the prosecutor refused to help, saying that this was Tae-case, chun’s Tae-chun turned around and told the prosecutor that he was going to find his own way to the seventh floor, alluding to the fact that he had no intention of playing dirty like the prosecutor.
Eun-yong gives a speech to Change Investment Partners in which he gets straight to the heart of the matter and promotes his own offshore mutual funds as a potential way out of the difficult predicament with Myung.
He asserts that it is not possible to track them down, and he even has Oh’s support for his argument. Chief Park Jeong-su has been given more responsibility as a result of In-incarceration, ju’s at least for the time being.
When Eun-yong visits Myung In-ju in jail, Myung In-ju laughs off the allegations that have been brought against him and insists that the only thing left for him to do is pay a fine and everything would be resolved.
Eun-yong flaunts his press pass and confirms that he will be investigating Myung In-ill-gotten ju’s fortune as he had previously stated his intention to do.
Gi-seok is furious about what has occurred with Myung In-ju, and he calls Jeong-su to express his frustration. Jeong-su is still displeased over the apartment he was supposed to rent in Busan, which fell through as a result of Gi-manipulation seok’s and deceit.
Jeong-su leased the apartment in Busan. In any case, representatives from the Supreme Prosecutor’s Office show up with an order to suspend him while they investigate him and his office.
Gi-seok is not pleased, but it is a win nonetheless, and it is an indication that the tide is turning in their favour.
Payback K-Drama: Plot
Joon-kyung has received a lot of acclaim for the excellent work that she has done. She did her research thoroughly and collaborated with a reliable company in order to create a timeline of the events that took place in 2010.
We cut back and witness Hye-rin being embarrassed and stating that she is terrified, especially to fight back against such powerful persons who are attempting to tear her down.
Thankfully, we actually see all of this. Despite this, she gives her word that she would keep her cool, and for the time being, the two of them will eat together.
During the course of her interrogation over the falsification of paperwork, Joon-kyung is informed of the situation involving her mother.
As a direct consequence of this development, she is in fact permitted to go at this time. According to the visiting log, Hye-rin was actually in contact with Gi-seok earlier on that day. Joon-kyung shoulders the blame for this situation and places it squarely on Gi-shoulders. seok’s
Gi-seok tells her that they are going to drop all of the accusations against her since she is “family,” and that the investigation into the matter is finished now that Hye-rin has died away.
He then leaves her with the advice that she should try to find work at a calm law practise somewhere, and he leaves.
In light of the fact that Myung is avoiding being questioned by Tae-chun, he opts to pursue a different strategy. In point of fact, he requests that Bok-sun, the lady whose shares he stole and who he injured with an iron in the previous episode, sue him. If she is successful in doing that, he will give her shares back.
When she does, Myung will have a question and answer session at the Detention Center late at night. And for some unexplained reason, he is abandoned all by himself.
As a direct consequence of this, he is successful in evading capture and escaping the detention centre. However, he will be back in three hours, so he decided to drive into the middle of town before he comes back.
Payback K-Drama: Review
- There, Myung In-ju has a meeting with Chairman Oh, during which he urges the leader to remain on his side rather than defecting to the opposing side.
- When he refused, In-ju threw a massive wrench into the works for Eun-yong by pushing him off the roof of the building where they were standing. At the same time, Gi-seok composes a statement in which he outlines his goals and objectives.
- Eun-yong wakes up to the news that Chairman Oh had committed suicide, along with the fact that he was found with a note indicating his intention to end his own life. As a direct consequence of this, Eun-yong, and not In-ju, is the primary suspect.
- Inspectors pay a visit to Hong at her Equity Fund, and they demand that she get in touch with Eun-yong.
- After making such an audacious action, our protagonist comes to the conclusion that there is only one way to strike back, so he heads in nonchalantly to GMI Bank, where he miraculously manages to avoid alerting the suspicions of anyone inside.
- He waits in the centre of GMI Bank while he takes a step inside. He has a conversation with Tae-chun and instructs him to handcuff and arrest his uncle.
- It only takes a few minutes for The Episode Review Payback to go from being exciting to being completely fabricated, and it’s very astonishing how all of this came to be.
- Despite the fact that Myung In-ju is locked up, he manages to concoct a plan with the guards that allows him to: Escape without alerting any other guards on duty (without even wearing a disguise), avoid all the cameras both inside and outside the centre, make it into the middle of town, get up to the rooftop with Chairman Oh without alerting anyone inside that building, throw him off the rooftop, return to the detention centre and get inside his cell before the police even arrive at the scene
- As if all of that weren’t bad enough, Eun-yong is depicted as the number one suspect, yet nobody bats an eyelash when he walks right into the midst of GMI Bank, which is where Chairman Oh’s death should be front-page news.
- It’s a shame as well because Payback does have some redeeming qualities, most notably in its cast of characters and its overarching narrative. This episode, unfortunately, does not live up to even a fraction of the expectations set by the other ones; it is a low point in an otherwise strong criminal drama.
- Eun-yong and Tae-chun, Eun-nephew, yong’s are the main characters in the current revenge-themed Korean drama, Payback.
- The two individuals find themselves embroiled in a large scheme involving a notorious loan shark by the name of Myung In-ju and the proprietor of GMI Bank, Oh Chang-hyun. The situation quickly escalates into a frantic game of cat and mouse, with the addition of Joon-kyung as a wildcard.
- Eun-yong is a money dealer who is sick of being oppressed and is fed up with the crooked nature of the authorities; as a result, he refuses to keep quiet. This drama is going to be great for business, that much is certain.
- If you’ve been paying attention to this one, you might be wondering when the next episode will be made available to watch online. Well, wonder no longer!
Payback K-Drama: Trailer
Indeed, SBS has just lately provided the first sneak peek at the show. Watch the promotional video down below:
Payback K-Drama: Where To Watch?
The series Payback was created by SBS and will be made available to watch on Amazon Prime Video around the world. However, this is an original production by SBS, and it can be seen on Fridays and Saturdays in Korea at 10:00 p.m. (KST).
Payback K-Drama: Release Date
On Friday, the 20th of January, at 2:00 p.m., the fifth episode of Payback will be made available online (GMT). Because the Amazon Subtitles team is so efficient, you should anticipate that English subs will be made accessible as soon as possible.
It is reasonable to anticipate that episode 5 will last approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes, which is in line with the duration of the other episodes of the show.
Payback K-Drama: Episodes
It is anticipated that there would be a total of 12 episodes in the first season of Payback, with a release schedule of two episodes every week.
You can anticipate that the plot will be filled with a good deal of drama and that the acting will be really fascinating throughout the entirety of this one.
Keeping all of this in mind, there are seven more episodes after this one that are still to come.
Also Read: Korean Drama Under the Queen’s Umbrella: Plot, Premiere Date, Cast, Trailer, Filming Location, Review, Where to Watch & More