Gajraj Rao: Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Career, Net Worth and More
Gajraj Rao is an Indian actor, director, and writer who works primarily in Hindi cinema. He is known for his appearances in those films. He is well known for his work in supporting parts and as a backing singer. Actor Gajraj Rao made his start in Hindi cinema with a modest role in the 1994 film Bandit Queen. Although he has been working in the film industry for a significant amount of time, he did not achieve widespread recognition until the release of his film “Badhaai Ho” in 2018. In addition to Gajraj Rao, Neena Gupta appeared in this movie. Gajraj Rao was the one who brought a new dimension to this movie. In addition to his work as an actor, he directed a promotional video for the upcoming television show “India Wali Maa.” His acting is notable for the fact that it conveys childlike purity, uncomplicated sincerity, and a firm grounding in reality. In addition to this, Gajraj Rao appears to have perfected the knack of making witty humor by utilizing colloquial inflections and nuances.
Gajraj Rao: Bio
Gajraj Rao was brought up in Delhi, India, despite having been born in the state of Rajasthan. He was born and raised in the quaint community of Jhankhari, which is located in the Dungarpur area of Rajasthan. His formal education was split between the states of Rajasthan and Delhi. Gajraj spent a significant portion of his life working in the theater in Delhi. Throughout his life, he has engaged in a wide variety of activities while enduring hardship. In addition to this, he worked in Export Garments Company for a while. Since Rao was talented in the area of literature, he decided to start working as a freelance writer for the newspapers Navbharat Times and Hindustan Times. In addition to working in the theater, he also authored scripts for the hosts of various programs shown on TV 18. Soon after, he was given the opportunity to jot down a script for an anchoring role on the Doordarshan channel.
While he was employed in the field of screenwriting, he crossed paths with Siddharth Basu, an Indian television producer, who made him an offer to participate in a show that was centered on audience participation. After that, he met the writer and director of a Bollywood film, Pradeep Sarkar, which marked a significant turning point in her life. Following his migration to Mumbai, Maharashtra with Pradeep Sarkar, Rao started working with him in the advertising film industry as a writer. After some time, his good friend Tigmanshu Dhulia put him in touch with the director Shekhar Kapur. Shekhar made the offer to her to star in his film “Bandit Queen,” which was released in 1994 and featured him in the role of Ashok Chand Thakur.
Gajraj Rao: Career
Gajraj Rao has been a part of a number of hit movies, for which he has gained a great deal of recognition, from the 1990s up till the present day. In the 1990s, he made his debut in the film “Bandit Queen,” in which he gave an outstanding performance as Chand Ashok, for which he received recognition from the film’s reviewers. Since that time, he has appeared in a wide variety of supporting roles in a substantial number of films. In addition to this, he has worked in some of the most successful movies, such as “Dil Se,” which starred the celebrity Shahrukh Khan as well as Manisha Koirala and Malaika Arora. In 2007, he had roles in a number of critically acclaimed films, including “Chhal,” “Black Friday,” and “Dil Hai Tumhara,” the latter of which starred Arjun Rampal, Preity Zinta, Mahima Chaudhry, and Jimmy Shergil.
While some of his other works include “Hazaron Khuwahishen Aisi,” which was published in 2005, “Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar,” which was published in 2000, “Blackmail,” which was published in 2018, and “Aks,” which was published in 2001, the list of his other works is virtually endless. Gajraj Rao, on the other hand, has amassed a considerable amount of fame, particularly as a result of the fact that he collaborated with the late, iconic star Irrfan Khan in the murder mystery drama “Talvar,” which was published in the year 2015. Because of his performance as a villain in the film, he was recognized with a number of prizes and nominations, including one for consideration for the IIFA Award.
In addition to his work as an actor, he has also created a number of movies and participated in a wide variety of advertisements, videos, and web series. It would appear that the talented actor with the big heart has created his profession in a number of different fields. In addition to that, he has participated in projects that have been undertaken by TVF.
Gajraj Rao: Achievements
Gajraj Rao has been nominated for and won a number of accolades throughout the course of his career, but he considers his fame and recognition to be one of the most significant accomplishments of his life.
Gajraj Rao: Net Worth
Are you interested in learning more about Gajraj Rao’s wealth? Where does the majority of your money originate from? It is not uncommon for a person’s salary and assets to shift during the course of their careers. In the following section, we will concentrate on the wage, as well as the net worth. This section now includes some contentious debates and discussions. The total amount of money that Gajraj Rao has on hand is 125 million dollars.
Facts About Gajraj Rao
- Gajraj Rao was born in a lower-middle-class family in Rajasthan and was brought up in Delhi.
- His father used to work in the Indian Railways. He used to live in a railway colony with his parents in Delhi. In an interview, he said, I learned various dialects while I was living in the railway colony. There would be someone from Himachal Pradesh, someone from Punjab, or a region in Uttar Pradesh. I was fascinated by these dialects and kept practicing them. Probably, that was the beginning of the actor in me who suddenly finds himself being called out by name. It also helped that the family would undertake yearly trips to Dungarpur in Rajasthan. We would either get off in Ratlam or Ahmedabad, traveling by Deluxe or Sarvodaya Express.”
- At the age of 16, he joined a theatre group. He attended the famous theatre group, ‘Act One’ with the film actors, Manoj Bajpayee and Ashish Vidyarthi.
- In an interview, he shared how he had developed an interest in theatres, he said, When I was a student at Delhi University, a friend introduced me to the theatre. I watched Sandhya Chhaya at Shri Ram Centre For Performing Arts, Mandi House. I was blown by the magic of theatre. There were about 100 people in the audience, and two young actors played senior citizens on stage. The lighting, the music everything impressed me I slept very late that night because the experience kept replaying in my mind. I was drawn to the theatre and my trips to Mandi House became more frequent. I was hooked.”
- Later, he started doing small jobs and continued his theatre work, simultaneously.
- He started working at the tailor shop ‘Iqbal Tailors’ in Delhi. He then worked in a garment company of his friend.
- He used to read literature which helped him in getting a job as a freelance writer in Navbharat and Hindustan Times.
- Later, he got an offer to write scripts for the anchors of Doordarshan.
- The Indian television producer, Siddhartha Basu, noticed his work and offered him a show based on audience interaction.
- The turning point in his life came when he met the Bollywood director and writer, Pradeep Sarkar. Pradeep offered him to write scripts for his ad films. Gajraj agreed to it and worked with him for a few years.
- Gajraj Rao was introduced to the famous director Shekhar Kapur by his friend Tigmanshu Dhulia. Shekhar offered him the role of Ashok Chand Thakur in the Bollywood film ‘Bandit Queen’ (1994).
- In 2003, Gajraj, along with his friend Subrat Ray, opened an ad commercial production house, ‘Code Red Film.’ Gajraj has acted and directed many popular ad films.
- Some of the ad films made under his production house are Maruti Suzuki, Samsung, Cadbury, Reliance Foundation, HUL, McDonald’s, Flipkart, Taaza Tea, and Procter & Gamble.
- His company has received awards at Adfest Asia, Promax Singapore, The Cup, NYF, and Asia Pacific Advertising.
- He has appeared in various Bollywood films, like Dil Se (1998), Aks (2001), Dil Hai Tumhaara (2002), Black Friday (2007), and Aamir (2008).
- His first public service film was for the National Anthem.
View this post on Instagram
- He has appeared in many web-series, including ‘A Day With RD Sharma’ (2016), ‘F.A.T.H.E.R.S.’ (2017), ‘Tech Conversations with Dad’ (2018), and ‘TVF Tripling Season 2’ (2019).
- He has directed a short video named ‘Rorito: Write the New.’ He has also produced documentaries like ‘Budhia Singh: Born to Run’ (2016) and ‘The Tribal Scoop’ (2018).
- He came into the limelight with the Bollywood film ‘Badhaai Ho’ in 2018. He played the character of Jeetendra Kaushik (father of Ayushmann Khurrana) in the film.
- He appeared in Bollywood films like ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ and ‘Lootcase’ in 2020.
- In an interview, he shared some instances of his journey as an ad filmmaker, he said, Nitesh Tiwari gave me my second advertisement. Someone said I was a newcomer, but he liked me. A three-minute film for Sonata in Tamil (for Lintas, then headed by Balki) did very well. I worked extensively with noted cinematographer V Manikantan. He’s a great influence on my journey.”
- He has received many awards for his film ‘Badhaai Ho’ 2018.
- He appeared in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ with the team of ‘Badhaai Ho’ (2018) and ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ (2020).
- In ‘The Kapil Sharma Show,’ he revealed that he calls his wife every 30 minutes. He further said, ‘I saw a European film once. There is a married couple in that film. The memory of one of the two goes away. After this, the other partner feels that the two have never shared anything worth remembering from each other, so how to remember the partner in such a situation. After watching the film, I decided that from now on, whatever will happen in my life will keep my wife updated.”