CSIR UGC NET exam is conducted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
CSIR UGC NET exam is conducted to qualify for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship in certain disciplines of Science and Technology program (Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemistry and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences).
As per the official notification, candidates can apply for Junior Research Fellowship or Lectureship or both.
The last date to apply for CSIR UGC NET 2021 exam has been extended from October 15 to October 17, 2021.
Interested candidates can apply by visiting the official website www.csirhrdg.res.in. The online application process has started on 25th September.
CSIR UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
Multiple choice type questions are asked in the CSIR UGC NET exam. The exam is of a total of 200 marks, for which 3 hours are given. There will also be negative marking.
- Part A- In these 20 questions are asked on the basis of general aptitude.
- Part B- This section will consist of 20-35 specific questions based on the subject for whom the candidate has applied for JRF or LS.
- Part C- In this questions are asked related to scientific knowledge.
- June Session:-
- Morning session: – 9 to 12 noon – Time 180 minutes
- Afternoon session: – 2 to 5 pm – Time 180 minutes
- December Session:-
- Morning Session:-
- Subjects- Life Science & Physical Science-
- Total Marks- 200
- Time Duration- 180 Minutes
- Afternoon Session:-
- Subjects- Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Sciences
- Total Marks- 200
- Time Duration-180 Minutes
CSIR UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
CSIR UGC NET Exam Syllabus consists of these 5 topics-
- Chemical science
- Life science
- Mathematical science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
CSIR NET Cut Off 2022: Important Dates
|CSIR NET Exam Events||CSIR NET Exam Dates|
|CSIR NET exam||
CSIR UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility –
- M. Sc or equivalent degree with at least 55 per cent (Gen & OBC) marks or 50 per cent(SC/ ST & PWD) marks/ B.E./ BS-IV/ BS- MS / B. Tech/ MBBS/ B. Pharm.
- Must have a master’s degree in science.
- B. Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree with at least 55 per cent (Gen & OBC) marks or 50 per cent (SC/ ST & PWD) marks.
- Age Range –
- JRF (June Session) – The candidate’s maximum age should be 28 years as of 1st January 2021 for JRF application.
- JRF (December Session) – The candidate’s maximum age should be 28 years as of 1st July 2021 for JRF application.
- LS – There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
CSIR UGC NET Application Process
The application process for CSIR UGC NET 2021 December session has started on 25 September 2021.
The last date to apply for the exam is October 17, 2021. Candidates can apply online mode only.
- Firstly visit the official website www.csirhrdg.res.in.
- Click on “Apply Online”
- After that, a new window will open.
- Click on the Register link.
- Register with Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Log in with Registration ID and Password.
- Fill the educational qualification, other required information in the application form and upload the scanned copy of the document.
- Pay the application fee.
- At last click on the “Submit” button and take the printout.
CSIR UGC NET Application fee-
- General- Rs.1000/-
- OBC- Rs.500
- SC/ ST/ PWD – Rs.250