What happened to Bryce Evans? Missing University of Tennessee student found dead near remote Great Smoky Mountains trail

On August 5, the body of Bryce Evans, a 23-year-old man from Tennessee who had been reported missing, was discovered in the Balsam mountains of North Carolina.

Bryce Evans, a student at the University of Tennessee and a member of the National Guard, was reported missing the week before last after setting out for a trip that included hiking and camping in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

According to Fox News, Evans was not spotted for the final time on July 31 anywhere in the world except in Cherokee, North Carolina. After he did not answer his parents’ calls, they reported him missing and began searching for him. On Thursday, his car, a grey 2017 Nissan Ultima, was found parked at the trailhead of a hiking route.

The authorities have stated that they will continue their investigation into the circumstances surrounding Evans’s passing.

The disappearance of Bryce Evans

Bryce Evans cherished his time spent in nature. In the years leading up to his appointment as a National Outdoorsman, he was an active participant in the Eagle Scouts.

Before he vanished, he instructed his sister, Analise Evans, to go to the gym and then drive to Charlottesville, North Carolina, where he would register for an internship at the University of North Carolina. Before he vanished, he told Analise that he would sign into the internship. However, according to the records kept by the university, he never showed up there.

Evans did not sign in at the gym, according to Scott Erland, a spokesperson for the Knoxville Police Department, who reportedly stated the same thing.

According to the article that was published in the Citizens Times, after law enforcement located Bryce Evans’ vehicle on Heintooga Ridge Road at 7:45 p.m. on August 4, they cordoned off the area and began searching the surrounding area. In this concerted attempt to work together, participants included the Cherokee Fire and Police Departments as well as the National Park Service.

The search was continued on the 5th of August. The corpse of Evans was found by first responders about 11:15 in the morning, off the route. Analiese Evans lamented the loss of her brother on several social media platforms once the news broke.

In a post she made on Instagram, she wrote:

The authorities have not yet determined what exactly led to Evans’s passing away.

Leave a Comment