If you live in the National Capital Delhi, you must know the requirements for Birth Certificate Registration in Delhi. As per the Registration of Birth Act, 1969, it’s mandatory to register Birth in Delhi within 21 days from birth. Parents or guardians can apply for Birth Certificate Registration in Delhi at any government body such as NDMC or MCD.
The Chief registrar of birth undertakes the responsibility of issuing a Birth Certificate in Delhi. The following section contains the application procedure, criteria, and list of mandatory documents needed to apply for Birth Certificate Registration Delhi. This guide is helpful for those who are looking for online registration for a Birth Certificate in Delhi.
Why is Birth Certificate in Delhi Required?
You may need Birth Certificate in Delhi for many reasons. Some of the main reasons are:
- To submit it as proof of age to apply for registration of marriage certificate.
- To apply for government jobs and examinations.
- To obtain a passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, etc.
- To seek admission to colleges/Universities.
- To get insurance benefits.
Who is responsible to register for Birth Certificate in Delhi?
As said, the Birth Certificate Registration Delhi must be done within 21 days from birth. Citizens can do so by applying online or obtaining the offline form from the registrar’s office at NDMC, MCD, Delhi Cantonment Board, and Government hospitals where the baby is born.
- To apply online for Birth Certificate Registration in Delhi, applicants can also refer to delhigovt.nic.in, www.ndmc.gov.in, or ihbas.delhigovt.nic.in.
A person with the following responsibilities can apply for Birth Certificate.
- The head of the household in whose house the birth happens.
- The officer-in-charge/authorized Medical Personnel at Nursing Homes, maternity centres, hospitals if the birth takes place in Hospital or other facilities outside the house.
- Jail Warder/in-charge in case the birth happens inside the jail.
- If the birth happens inside a moving vehicle, the person-in-charge/driver of a vehicle, such as a car or an Ambulance.
- If the infant is found in a deserted area, then the head of the village or local police station in charge is responsible for registering a birth.
Minimum Period to Apply for Birth Certificate in Delhi
Although it’s mandatory for everyone to register a birth within 21 days from birth, if you are late due to exceptional circumstances, you can contact the registrar office nearest to the place of birth for further assistance.
In such cases, the applicants are subject to paying the late fees to register for a Birth Certificate in Delhi.
Fee Structure for Birth Certificate Registration Delhi
The following fees lab applies to Delhi region only.
|For registration within 21 days of the occurrence of Birth/Death||No fee (the first free copy is provided by the hospital)|
|Registration after 21-30 days from birth.||Rs.7/- are charged as late fee.|
|Registration after 30 days to within 1 year of birth.||Rs.10/-|
|Registration for more than 1 year of birth.||Rs.20/-|
|To search old records||Rs.7/-|
Documents Required for Birth Certificate Registration Delhi
The list of following documents are mandatory to be produced along with the Application form by the applicant to obtain Birth Certificate.
- Proof of birth in the form of authorized signatory (Nursing Officer/health Officer)
- Affidavit with regards to place, Date and time of birth.
- Proof of residence of the parent or guardian.
- Parents’ identity proof such as Aadhaar Card or Voter ID.
If the Registration of birth is late.
- A letter/affidavit signed by the Parshad of area.
- Proof of address or birthplace of a child.
- Affidavit detailing the name, place of birth, gender, or other identification of the child.
- Proof of birth date.
- Aadhaar card of the parents/guardian of the child.
How to Complete Birth Certificate Registration Delhi
Applicants can submit their registration forms at any of the authorized portals namely, edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in, sso.ndmc.gov.in, or ihbas.delhigovt.nic.in.
Follow the procedure explained using NDMC website below.
- Visit the address, ndmc.gov.in and head to Online Services section.
- Select the Birth Certificate Option from the menu.
- Go to Login/New Registration section and register as a new user.
- Provide First name, last name, mobile no., email, and select a password to proceed.
- Login using your email ID and password and enter the details asked in the application form.
- Upon Successful registration, the Birth certificate is issued within the next 4 to 7 days.
Visit here for Birth Certificate Registration Delhi.