As more jobs in the Journalism sector flood the market, there is a shift in career trends among students. It’s now or never for students to choose the Best Distance Colleges for Mass Communication for post-graduation. Journalism is common these days as the world becomes digitally aware. So for students interested in Building a career in the Journalism sector, it is a golden opportunity to hit their target.
Why Study MA Journalism and Mass Communication?
MA Journalism and Mass Comm. is a 2-year postgraduate degree programme offered by many top-ranked colleges in India. Seeing the massive scope of this course, many graduates opt for this course to excel in their career-life. Hence, getting a postgraduate degree in this field is a boon to candidates aspiring to be journalists.
Why Apply for Correspondence College for Mass Communication?
The reasons why many colleges offer Mass Communication through Distance learning are the limited number of seats. However, seeing more and more applications from students, universities have started offering MA Journalism and Mass Communication course through distance learning programs. Another benefit of applying for correspondence courses is that candidates unable to attend regular classes can pursue master’s degree courses and graduate for better career-building opportunities.
Best Correspondence Colleges for Mass Communication Graduates
Education through correspondence is easy and convenient, especially for those having difficulty going to college due to far-flung locations. Fortunately, there are the best distance learning colleges for Mass Communication spread across the length and breadth of India. Out of those many, a few are listed here area-wise.
Best Correspondence Colleges for Mass Communication in South India
- Acharya Nagarjuna University Centre for Distance Education, Andhra Pradesh
- Alagappa University Directorate of Distance Education, Tamil Nadu
- Andhra University of Distance Education, Andhra Pradesh
- Bharathiar University of Distance Education, Tamil Nadu
- Bharathidasan University Centre for Distance Education, Tamil Nadu
- Karnataka Open University, Karnataka
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Directorate of Distance Education, Tamil Nadu
- Periyar Institute of Distance Education, Tamil Nadu
Best Distance Learning Colleges for Mass Communication North India
- Kurukshetra University Directorate of Distance Education, Haryana
- Punjabi University, Punjab
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Uttar Pradesh
Best Distance Colleges for Mass Communication in East India
- Nalanda Open University, Bihar
- Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim
Learning methods of Correspondence Colleges for Mass Communication
Since there is no specific location to learn through distance education mode in mass Communication, the colleges and universities provide following methods to students to acquire knowledge and education in their respective areas.
- Audio/Video Courseware
- Message board forums
- Print Media
- Video conferencing
- Online Lectures
- Web conferencing
Benefits of Studying Mass Communication through Correspondence Colleges
- Students can enroll in the programme at any age.
- Working professionals or people with responsibilities can apply for higher education.
- Student who have mobility issues can study from home at their convenience.
- Student from far-flung areas can continue their studies and propel their career.
- Pupils are free to choose any of the Best Distance Colleges for Mass Communication in India for best education and better career prospects.
- Candidates can learn at their own pace.
- Correspondence Colleges for mass Communication charge lower fess than their full-time counterparts.
Importance of Journalism and Mass Communication through Distance Learning
Many students believe that the degree in MA in Mass Communication and Journalism via distance colleges is considered less significant. But the fact is its equivalent and is highly considered for higher-paying jobs.
The MA in Journalism and Mass Communication course includes teaching & training, editing, reporting, photographing, writing, etc. After graduating with a master’s degree, candidates can apply for a range of options such as news Journalist, writer, editor, advertising, filmmaking, business writer, etc.
There are plenty of opportunities for MA in Journalism and Mass Comm. candidates in the government sector. For example, you can apply for government broadcasting agencies such as All India Radio and media agencies or government websites. As the world draws its attention to digital media, the public grows more aware of the significance of Journalism in the real world. The Jobs after MA Mass Comm are both creative and high paying.