Scott and Rose Demie, the parents of Alexa Demie, worked as makeup artists and contractors, respectively. In 2003, Rose Mendez began her career
One of the most recognisable faces in the entertainment world is that of the actress. She rose to fame after making an appearance in the HBO teen drama series Euphoria.
Maddy Perez, the character played by Alexa, has kept viewers interested in the programme.
But many admirers doubt that she is the same person. She was rather a recluse in high school and avoided going to parties, which may surprise some people to learn that she was nothing like Maddy, according to Buzzfeed.
Before she reveals that she grew up in a toxic familial setting, many people find it difficult to believe. Her mom largely reared her because her dad was away.
Alexa Demie: Parents
Alexa Demie is her parents’ youngest child.
The parents of Alexa Demie are from California. Originally from Mexico, her mother’s family relocated to Los Angeles when she was a young child. On the other hand, her father was a native American.
Since her father was in treatment for his drug addiction when Alexa was eight years old, her mother Rose Mendez raised her. When Rose was a young child, her family moved to Los Angeles from Mexico.
She was really young when she became pregnant with Alexa. According to her LinkedIn profile, she works as a producer/creator for Wide Awake & Dreaming and is a makeup artist by trade.
Her father, Scott, is Dennis Wilson’s adopted son. Wilson is a well-known musician. His mother, Carole Freedman, had a previous relationship with him before he was born. Later, she married Dennis, and the musician took Scott in.
Alexa’s father is reportedly alienated from his daughter as a result of his drug addiction, despite the fact that there isn’t much information available about him. The actress also admitted to the media that she did not have the best male role models or a lot of respect for males growing up.
But Scott understood that by adopting his stepfather’s lifestyle, he had killed himself. Scott Wilson acknowledged that he could never fully recover from his father’s passing and lived a life identical to his in the book Son of A Beach Boy, which recounts Dennis Wilson’s life from his perspective.
Dennis and Scott had ties like a real father and son even though Scott was Dennis’ adopted son. Together, they walked, rode horses, fished, and went swimming. He really liked being the second passenger in his father’s red Ferrari Lusso.
He would even accompany his father on tours, according to Speed Readers, but after a while, things started to change. He would find women for his father as they began to use drugs together.
In reality, Dennis called Scott the day before the singer died and asked him to carry some cocaine to his boat.
He promised to do it, but because he was high, he skipped the appointment. He will therefore never be free of this guilt. He believed that if he had visited his father that day, he could have saved him from drowning.
Alexa Demie: Family
Alexa was raised in a dysfunctional family.
The actress was raised in a dysfunctional household. She was forced to leave her house by the constant yelling and fighting.
When they realised her talent, they encouraged her career by urging her to enrol in acting school.
She doesn’t share family photos, although her mother occasionally does when they hang together. As a result, the actor gets along well with her mother and siblings but has no contact with her father.
She formally changed her name to Alexa Demie Wilson Vanerstrom in 2019 from Alexa Demie Wilson Vanerstrom. But a lot of her admirers continue to bring up their friendship with the late Dennis Wilson.
When Dennis Wilson wed Carole Freedman, they adopted a son named Scott. Her son from a prior union was the child. But the musician treated him with love, just as a biological parent would.
Given that she is Scott’s daughter, Alexa and the musician are frequently discussed by fans. She cannot deny her relationship to the artist, despite the fact that she was not even alive when the singer departed away. However, she hasn’t also avoided talking about it in public.
She never got to meet her grandpa, and as a child, she also didn’t have a very close bond with her father, Scott. Occasionally, she ran into him at AA meetings.
Alexa Demie: Bio
Alexa Demie was reared by her mother, grandmother, and aunts after being born to Rose Mendez and Scott Wilson Vanerstrom in Los Angeles.
Her mother is a cosmetics artist who moved to America in the 1980s from Michoacán, Mexico, where she was born. Her family spoke both English and Spanish as she grew up.
On April 5, 2019, Demie officially changed her name from Alexa Demie Wilson Vanerstrom to just Alexa Demie.
Since 2017, she has been dating singer-songwriter Christian Berishaj, also known by his stage as J.M.S.N. Although Demie has starred in a number of his music videos, their relationship is secret. In high school, she purchased a package of wholesale sunglasses and customised them with gems and other adornments.
She obtained a retail order for a Japanese store, and A-list celebs like G-Dragon, Jennifer Lopez, and Nicki Minaj quickly took to wearing the glasses. In high school, she started creating songs as well. Demie originally intended to study fashion design, but she changed her mind after going to a New York art school orientation.
Alexa Demie: Photoshoot
Check out Alexa Demie’s glamorous photoshoot.
View this post on Instagram
Alexa Demie: Early Life
After acting in a short film for a friend, Demie got the lead role in “The Godmother,” a cancelled biopic about Colombian drug kingpin Griselda Blanco. She signed with an agency after landing a part in the 2015 short film “Miles,” which launched her professional acting career.
She later appeared as Ingrid, a bilingual gamer, as a guest star on “Ray Donovan,” “Love,” and the drama television series “The O.A.” The two singles by Demie are “Girl Like Me” and “Leopard Limo.” In 2016, she also had an appearance on Pearl’s single, “Turnin’ Tricks.”
After trying out for a different part, Demie was cast for the role of Maddy in “Euphoria,” even though she had previously been in well-liked films like “Brigsby Bear,” “Mid90s,” and “The O.A.”
Demie is now developing a feature film on her mother, who fled Mexico when she was a child and settled in Los Angeles. In the movie, which follows her life in the 1980s Hollywood club scene, she will play her mother.
Alexa Demie: Career
- In 2013, the music video for Azealia Banks’ song ATM Jam featured Alexa Demie as a video vixen. She had never before appeared on screen. Then she made an appearance in a friend’s short film.
- The Godmother, a movie about Colombian drug kingpin Griselda Blanco, chose her to portray the major part. However, the project was shelved. She finally appeared in the 2015 short film Miles, which served as her professional acting debut.
- She was able to secure an agent to act as her representative, and as a result, she was given some intriguing prospects. She made guest appearances in the TV shows Ray Donovan and Love. In the second season of the drama television series The OA, she also had a guest appearance as the bilingual gamer Ingrid.
- She was really interested in having a career in music as well, and in 2016 she released her debut single, Girl Like Me. She made an appearance in the Slide music video by singer-songwriter JMSN.
- She played the part of Merideth in the comedy-drama Brigsby Bear in 2017, which served as her feature film debut. She was dating JMSN at the time, and in 2018 she created the music video for his single Talk is Cheap.
- In the 2018 movie Mid90s, Alexa Demie portrayed Esmee, a shy skateboarder who is the protagonist’s love interest. For a part in the HBO drama series Euphoria, she received an invitation to an audition.
- She was chosen to play Maddy Perez, a self-assured, smart, and well-liked teenage girl in Euphoria. The show premiered in 2019. Critics dubbed her the breakout star of Euphoria because of the huge popularity of her role.
- In the 2019 movie Waves, she portrayed Alexis, a party girl who gets pregnant with the child of the problematic high school wrestler she is dating. She spent a lot of time watching videos on co-dependent behaviour to get ready for this demanding part.
- She played Isabelle Roberts, a game show viewer, in the comedy-drama film Mainstream, which was released in 2020. She appeared in the music video for The Neighbourhood’s song Stargazing that same year.
- In Ryan Simpkins’ 2021 short film Nineteen on Fire, she played the role of a drug dealer. She was also a part of and the director of the Love 2 U music video by JMSN from the same year.
- In 2021, she released the single Leopard Limo (Archive LL11), and she also made an appearance in the Act Like I’m Not Here music video by JMSN. She collaborated with photographer Petra Collins to publish Fairy Tales, a collection of sensual short stories. The book had images of her dressed as various mythical monsters.
- In the HBO series Euphoria, Alexa Demie played Maddy Perez, a stunning and self-assured yet tormented young woman. The critics praised her performance highly. The series was a huge success and won multiple awards.
Alexa Demie: Movies
- Nineteen of Fire (2021), as Paisley
- Mainstream (2020), as Isabelle Roberts
- Waves (2019), as Alexis Lopez
- Mid90s (2018), as Estee
- To The Moon (2017), as Virginia Dawson
- Brigsby Bear (2017), as Merideth
- Miles (2015), as Sara
Alexa Demie: Drama Series
- Euphoria 2 (HBO | 2022), as Maddy Perez
- Euphoria (HBO | 2019), as Maddy Perez
- The OA (Netflix | 2019), as Ingrid
- Love (Netflix | 2018), as Marina
- Ray Donovan (Showtime | 2016), as Shairee
Alexa Demie: Singles
- Girl Like Me (2018)
- Leopard Limo (2021)
Alexa Demie: Music Videos Appearances
- Stargazing (2020) – The Neighbourhood
- Angelica (2017) – JMSN
- Slide (2017) – JMSN
- ATM Jam (2013 – Azaelia Banks and Pharrell
Alexa Demie: Net Worth (2023)
By 2023, Alexa Demie’s net worth is anticipated to be about $5 million. She makes a respectable living off of her careers as a singer and an actress.
She has a successful job and also owns a clothes store, Goddess, which has increased her net worth. On her social media sites, she also receives a sizable paycheck from brand endorsement arrangements.